VeriSign Capitulates

Rafi Sadowsky rafi-nanog at meron.openu.ac.il
Fri Oct 3 20:57:04 UTC 2003

## On 2003-10-03 15:56 -0400 Sean Donelan typed:

SD> > "Without so much as a hearing, ICANN today formally asked us to shut down
SD> > the Site Finder service," said VeriSign spokesman Tom Galvin. "We will
SD> > accede to their request while we explore all of our options."
SD>
SD> Uhm, was that the same hearing Verisign didn't have prior to instigating
SD> their actions?

 Why should they need a hearing ?

 IMHO the ICANN demand is only to remove the wildcard DNS pointers to the
"Site Finder" service and they're completely free to point say "*.verisign.com"
to their "Site Finder" (Which they're free to leave running as long as
they want ;-)

--
Regards,
	Rafi