VeriSign Capitulates

Nathan J. Mehl memory-nanog at blank.org
Fri Oct 3 19:57:57 UTC 2003

In the immortal words of Tim Wilde (twilde at dyndns.org):

> And they act like they're the victims.  Amazing.
>
> "Without so much as a hearing, ICANN today formally asked us to shut down
> the Site Finder service," said VeriSign spokesman Tom Galvin. "We will
> accede to their request while we explore all of our options."

What's that bit about the definiton of `chutzpah?'  The parricide who
throws himself on the court's mercy as an orphan?

Oddly enough, ICANN gave them exactly as much of a hearing as they
gave ICANN, the IETF and pretty much everyone else in the world before
they foisted this abomination on us.  My heart bleeds for them,
really.

-n