the gauntlet is thrown

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at cisco.com
Fri Oct 3 18:48:05 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 11:48:42AM -0400, Sean Donelan wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 bmanning at karoshi.com wrote:
> > > http://www.icann.org/correspondence/twomey-to-lewis-03oct03.htm
> > >
> > 	This is a return volly. The service in this match was three
> > 	weeks ago.
>
> While any reasonable person would know what ICANN asked Verisign to do,
> any prediction whether Verisign will adopt a passive-agressive posture
> and inteprete the letter in a way to cause maximum disruption to all
> users of the Internet and then blame ICANN?
>
> ICANN told us to roll back the .COM/.NET zones to September 15 and stop
> making changes; so we deleted all domain names registered after September
> 15 and undid all changes.

Doubtful...they would have to refund money to those who registered or renewed
after September 15th...that would mean having to open their wallets... ;-)

Ido
                        | Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP   E-mail: idubraws at cisco.com
     |          |       | Network Security Architect
    :|:        :|:      | VSEC Technical Marketing, SAFE Architecture Team
   :|||:      :|||:     | Cisco Systems, Inc.
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.  | Silver Spring, MD. 20902