needed Comcast engineer with clue

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Fri Oct 3 15:21:25 UTC 2003

I apologize for bringing this to the list, but i have expended
approximately 22 hours since monday on the problem without resolution
and without consistent replies or consistent reliable response from
comcast.  The short version of situation is that i am getting between
11% and 52% packet loss to various  IP adress.  From the terminal
window on OSX i run ping -s 1024 xxx.xx.xxx.xxx   where the x's are
the ip number.  Under these conditions i cannot successfully sen an
email with a two meg attachment.  609 394 2288 is the local number of
the Trenton NJ office a few miles from my house.  calls to there were
routed to a national call center so that effort just failed.

If i could only reach someone in their engineering dept locally who
could run some configuration tests on their local routers switches
etc, they could probably save further visits to my house... next one
scheduled sunday between 1 and 3pm.  The network at the physical
level is fine.  This is a layer 3 tcp/ip problem.  I have replaced my
cable modem and done hours of trouble shooting within my house to
confirm it is not on my side of the network.  I was promised an
engineer this morning with laptop.  They didn't keep the promise and
sent a tech who checked the physical signal and went away and
apparently scheduled sundays visit.

comcast please contact me off list..email or phone numbers below
years of back issues at
http://www.cafeshops.com/cookreportinter.6936314  E-mail
cook at cookreport.com or use cook at oldcolo.com Free World Dial up 17318