Internet privacy

Allen McRay amcray at amcray.net
Thu Oct 2 19:38:13 UTC 2003

Amen.  If there is a problem with a domain that I have registered, I want
people to be able to find out who I am, and contact me.  If I don't respond
to a request, don't put forth my best efforts, or remove myself from the
network until the problem is corrected - then pull the plug on me.  Plain
and simple.  The "whois" lookup gives anyone, even with limited skills, the
ability to possibly contact someone in regards to a domain.  I know there
have been abuses of the system, but the advantages of having this
information readily available far outweigh what will come when it is hidden
from public view.

Allen