Alternative Satellite news feed needed

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Thu Oct 2 19:26:13 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:57:16 -0400 (EDT)
 Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> > I have found a possible source of satellite bandwidth for this, assuming a
> > critical mass of users could be accumulated to pay for it. Interested
> parties
> > should send me an email off list please.
>
> If a critical mass of users could be accumulated to pay for it, I imagine
> Cidera would still be in business.

When I last looked into them in depth, which was a while ago (2001), they seemed
very top heavy, set up to distribute streaming media over satellite for
a market and price point that never materialized.

> Is USENET still a cost-effective way to distribute porn and pirated
> software?

I have no clue. I just know that there is possibility to replace it.
Anyone have any idea how many ISP's got the usenet feed ?

Marshall