[Activity logging & archiving tool]

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Wed Nov 26 06:31:27 UTC 2003

This is not dngerous - I do not expect any idiot, opening SNMP from outside
(SNMP is excellent protocol, which can crash ANY device in the world; I
crashed 6509 switch and PIX firewall in a few days, when debugged new
'snmpstat' system). And moreover, Cisco allows o lock IP and file name for
SNMP/TFTP.

On the other hand, using 'expect' is not  difficult and is much more
flexible. Most problems are with PIX-es with their paranoya, which cause a
nececity to know enable password for any simple action...

I'll send  my old expect script here tomorrow, if someone want (it is not
big). New script uses cryptography to remember a passwords, so it became
more secure, but idea is the same...