SORBS DUL (Dynamic User List) announcement and suggestions welcome.

Matthew Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Mon Nov 24 22:32:22 UTC 2003

For those that didn't see it, I believe it is on topic as it is relating
to connectivity/locations of ISPs mailservers.

---
Subject: Notice SORBS DNSbl users, regarding the easynet blacklists
being discontinued Dec 1 2003

Hi All,

As of a last night SORBS imported and merged the Easynet (Wirehub)
Dynablock database into the SORBS DUL.

SORBS also has included the Dynablock exceptions list and now has a
mechanism to include more exceptions to the DUL should they be nessesary.

Users of the EasyNet Dynablock are welcome to use the SORBS DUL, however
please remember that the Dynablock list was merged with the SORBS DUL.
The DUL is available on its own as: dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net  It is also
available via the aggregate zone: dnsbl.sorbs.net

Any positive entry in the DUL will return 127.0.0.10

Yours

Matthew
@ SORBS
---

Network operators, you are welcome and requested to submit your
networks, both static and dynamic to SORBS for inclusion/exclusion from
the list.  A number of you already do, for which I thank you, however
with the import of a massive amount of data there are likely to be a
couple or errors here and there , if you see any please mail me directly
and I will be happy to correct the entry by either removing it or by
creating an exclusion.

My next planned work on SORBS is as mentioned a few days ago, creating a
whitehat system for the spam databases.  Again assuming I am not called
off topic when it is complete I will announce it here and discuss it
offlist.  If anyone wishes to talk to me about SORBS which would be
considered offtopic please mail me privately or subscribe and post to
the public 'dnsbl-users at sorbs.net' list.

Also network listed over the last few days in the spam database are
requested to contact me as soon as possible as there are some virus
mails that got into a spamtrap that made it into the system, these need
to be removed asap, so if you are blocked or see any, please mail me
offlist and I will sort them aout as soon as possible. (Earthlink
representitive (if you are listening) I think one of your servers got in
it, but I am unable to get an IP from your users at the moment)

Thanks

Yours

Matthew