Anit-Virus help for all of us??????

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Mon Nov 24 19:00:32 UTC 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Er... two or three obvious reasons - there might be more.
>
> # Users not updating their virus / firewall definitions, not paying for
> new definitions after their year of free definitions is done.

I've been looking at some statistics on infected users.  One of the more
interesting was "new" computer users are more likely to have infected
computers than "old" computer users.  A computer bought in the last 30
days may be almost twice as likely to be infected than a computer more
than 1 year old.