RR/ATDN NYC

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Mon Nov 24 04:25:22 UTC 2003

Howdy,

Does anyone have any details on the issues that RoadRunner/ATDN was having
in the NYC area when passing through Level3?  I have ticket number 155247
as the master ticket.  Things seem to have just cleared up, but it was a
long-running problem that started around Saturday morning.  In short,
pieces of the RR network were unreachable via Level3.

I'd rather let the RR folks sleep, but if anyone's lurking here, I'd love
an explanation that I can pass on to our customers that are eager to jump
down our throats about "being down all weekend".

---

As an aside, this past week has had me calling a number of large and small
NOCs with various issues, and I'd like to express great pleasure in saying
that almost all of them were very easy to contact, and I encountered no
"you're not our customer, go away" responses.  A very pleasant surprise.
And Jared's list is excellent, but even contacting those not listed there
via ARIN info, etc. yielded quick responses.  Standouts include:

rr.com/atdn - it sounded like chaos, but I was at least able to get info
that there was a problem
C&W/Exodus - multiple responses from sharp people
CV.net *above and beyond*
Akamai
Telus
Microsoft
Above

The only two folks that I was not able to reach were Yahoo! and SBCGlobal.

Just wanted to throw this in here, as I am very grateful to those that
helped (to shave off some cynicism).

Thanks,

Charles

--