Apologies but...Verizon Postmaster?

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Fri Nov 21 22:01:15 UTC 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Michael Loftis wrote:
>
> > I have been trying for weeks to get in touch with someone who will respond
> > with something other than a form letter at Verizon.  Can someone please
> > contact me off-list?  My company (Modwest) is being unilaterally blocked.
> > I can't even send mail to abuse, postmaster, etc. from an @modwest.com
> > address because of the block in place without a reason and without recourse.
>
> Welcome to the club!
>
> I'm sure someone will get back to you shortly.  But in the meantime, I can
> share my experience with this, and perhaps get some opinions on how wise
> their "anti-spam" measures are.

<AOL>

Me, too!

</AOL>

In our case it's at the IP level.  Our mailserver gets "connection refused"
from their "business" mail servers at "bizmailsrvcs.net".  We got someone
on the phone who was supposed to look into it a week or so ago.

> VZ was unable to tell me why we were initially blocked, but we were for a
> number of days.  Not at the IP level, but at the envelope level; meaning
> that if you issued a "mail from:" with the domain in question, you'd get
> the "550 You are not allowed to send mail:sc004pub.verizon.net" message.

They couldn't tell us either.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/