Increase in traffic to/from DSL subs since August?

Jared B. Reimer jared at theriver.com
Thu Nov 20 21:00:35 UTC 2003

Greetings.

Another independent ISP operator and I have noticed a pretty significant
increase in traffic to and from our broadband (DSL) subscribers since
August.  It's been a fairly steady uptick, at least in my case, resulting
in a doubling of overall average traffic to/from these folks since then.

Have others seen a similar trend?  Any thoughts as to what the cause may
be?  Our best guess a virus/worm, possibly being used as a spam relay or
other proxy at this point...

Many thanks,

-- Jared