New IANA IPv4 Allocations

Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC) henk at ripe.net
Wed Nov 19 11:40:23 UTC 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Bruce Campbell wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Sean Donelan wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003,  John Brown (CV) wrote:
> > > It would be good for them to sign such posts with
> > > a well known PGP key...
> >
> > After we get IANA in the habit of publishing an annoucement when it
> > allocates a new IPv4 block to the RIRs, then we can work on improving
> > the process.
>
> At least when I've been watching, the IANA/ICANN borg has made a public
> post about new allocations being made to the RIRs to NANOG (and other
> forums) within a reasonable timeframe.
>
> I think that one problem here is that team Cymru, with their every half
> hour page scraper of interesting sites, manages to beat the authoritative
> people to the punch each time as team Cymru simply do not have the same
> unseen formalities that the IANA/RIRs need to go through.
>
> As long as RobT continues to be an amusing speaker, I'm not too worried ;)

Amusing?  He qualifies as the worst speaker that I've seen in a long time,
if I want to see a monkey, I'll go to the zoo.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                             Email: henk.uijterwaal at ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre            WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258           Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands      Mobile: +31.6.55861746