New IANA IPv4 Allocations

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Tue Nov 18 18:36:40 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003,  John Brown (CV) wrote:
> It would be good for them to sign such posts with
> a well known PGP key...

I thought it would be nice to compliment IANA before bashing him over the
head.

None of the ad-hoc sources nor RIPE signed their annoucements, so IANA
was in good company.  IANA doesn't sign any of the published RFCs nor
any other data it maintains.  So I'm not sure what difference it makes
whether the mail message is signed.

After we get IANA in the habit of publishing an annoucement when it
allocates a new IPv4 block to the RIRs, then we can work on improving
the process.