OT: BGP questions

Per Gregers Bilse bilse at networksignature.com
Sat Nov 15 21:45:44 UTC 2003

> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:01:33 -0500 (EST)
> From: Charles Sprickman <spork at inch.com>
>[...]
> suggestions?  I'm good with the basics, but I've got a perplexing issue
> (just look at AS8059, which is still sucking down most traffic via 6939
> rather than 3356, even with all that silly prepending)...

I'll be happy to help offline, just let me know.  Prepending
may or may not make a difference; it provides added "push",
but it's quite weak (ie, low priority in BGP's preference
decision process).

Shameless plug: BENTO (http://www.networksignature.com) would help
you identify hot source ASs; a little further investigation would
then reveal if they route through AS6939 in the general case (though
admittedly that would be strange).

Best,

  -- Per