RFI: Intrusion Detection Systems

kgraham at rogers.com kgraham at rogers.com
Thu Nov 13 10:35:16 UTC 2003

My apologies to anyone that receives duplicates of this email stemming from it being cross posted.

I have been asked to investigate an Intrusion Detection/Prevention System.  Could anyone that has knowledge of the following products give me the good, bad or the ugly concerning them. Reply to myself online or off line

If anyone would like a summary of the results please do not hesitate to ask.

NIDS:
Cisco Intrusion Detection Sensors Version 4.x
         4235, 4250
NAI Intrusion Prevention Sensors
         IntruShield 2600, 4000 (IntruVert)

HIPS:
Cisco Security Agent
Entercept

Management Systems:
Cisco VMS - VPN/Security Management System
NAI: ISM Security Management System.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kim