Point of sale RAS hardware?

Jeffrey Paul jeffreypaul at diamondcard.com
Wed Nov 12 16:12:44 UTC 2003

Does anyone know of a good RAS product that supports the fast train
times needed for point of sale terminals (specifically the ability to
turn off data compression, error detection, and speed negotiation)?
Most every one I've seen is aimed at serving as-fast-as-possible dialup
network access to normal modems, but I need something that will do
1200bps (or even better yet, v.22FC) with no frills.

Can anyone suggest a product or manufacturer?

Thanks,
-j

Jeffrey Paul - jeffreypaul at diamondcard.com
Senior Network Administrator; CCNA, MCSE, BOFH
Diamond Financial Products - Southfield, MI
Cell: 877-748-3467
Desk: 248-331-2222 x244
PGP Key: F8D0 E107 9913 A938 8521  5D01 17B1 D2A1 84E4 10FD