24-port Gigabit + two 10Gb uplinks

Eric Kuhnke eric at fnordsystems.com
Fri Nov 7 01:42:42 UTC 2003

>Certainly we'll never see them at that level from "Company C".  I don't
>think they have ever sold anything of substance for $1500.  Heck, they
>still list the 2511 at around $3700 if you want 16/16 memory in it.

Never say "never"...

Here's a brand new WS-C2950 for $1108.  Why would the new 24*Gb + 10Gb
uplink switches not be similarly priced in 3 or 4 years?  It's possible the
manufacturing of XENPAK optics is an order of magnitude more
difficult...  but I think there will be adequate competition in the
marketplace soon enough.

http://www.lanblvd.com/productpage.cfm?prodid=796