Hijacked IP space.

George Michaelson ggm at apnic.net
Wed Nov 5 02:40:56 UTC 2003

Certification of internet resource allocations is being actively considered by
most if not all RIRs.  In the case of APNIC, this has been regarded as a likely
development since our CA project started several years ago (always subject to
community agreement on appropriate standards).

As it happens, the IETF PKIX working group has almost completed the certificate
extension specification for this very purpose, within the S-BGP framework:

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-x509-ipaddr-as-extn-03.txt

Regardless of the deployment of S-BGP, RIRs could start issuing certificates any
time after specification is completed.  APNIC is currently investigating this
possibility.

cheers
	-George

--