Rural nework economics [was: Sabotage...]

John Brown (CV) jmbrown at chagresventures.com
Tue Nov 4 02:53:00 UTC 2003

OC-48 doesn't have to do with the redundant build.

physical fiber path does.

thus, who will pay for the redundant fiber build.

maybe that should come from the $700 Million the ILEC promised
the state in new investment money, in exchange for relaxed
regulation.

rural or not,  capitalism will hinder redundancy unless
the shareholders or the insurance companies say otherwise.

heck right in ABQ, NM you can kill several LD providers
with just 2 fiber cuts.  Take them off net for ABQ.