Sabotage investigation of fiber cuts in Northwest

Eric Kuhnke eric at fnordsystems.com
Mon Nov 3 20:20:47 UTC 2003

As a resident of this area, I can say that the place where this regen hut
is located is *very* rural.  Burlington Northern/Santa Fe railroad tracks
pass through a lot of sparsely populated farm land on the route between Mt.
Vernon and Bellingham, WA.  Even if the hut is locked with a high quality
padlock, it's likely nothing that 5 minutes with leverage-action bolt
cutters can't handle.  Police/Fire/Ambulance response time to the area of
Edison and Samish Island can be 20 minutes or more on a *good* day.

There are very few diverse fiber routes between Vancouver BC and Seattle WA.

Roughly in the area of highway 237 and the Samish River:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?pan=s&mapdata=xU4YXdELrnBtd4g5hI1PGRNlySQfch%2bqdjpBB4TBINz%2fUQm6R84fJ7yDtDwM2ljwyhOR2o%2fCt%2ffRtis8RfTOdZDUP9096JsDxLMZqtdGFvNjXABad2nK0xx9gJUamjzjrATJKl1HjOamI04FeytjXnw1MomthDV%2bROX8DtZK7ozw56qMxFwoFr2P6fAb0zySswuDgsBnntA1cy3KvxVJjhgtdxEswuDz9mRY1%2f%2bEJO9eJ4eHNuZlAWf%2b5jRJ1RCu%2b%2fndr5dyWMKcRVoZq41zTVMjgU0HcBqZCCxZmpvOjQL1ilZId0LltA%3d%3d

smlnk version:
http://www.smlnk.com/BtkA