Sabotage investigation of fiber cuts in Northwest

JC Dill nanog at vo.cnchost.com
Mon Nov 3 06:24:53 UTC 2003

At 08:53 PM 11/2/2003, you wrote:
>I'm fairly certain that the telco huts or CO's have to accomodate multiple
>groups having access, so I'd bet that a padlock probably is a tough sell

There are special latches that accommodate multiple padlocks, where
unlocking any one padlock opens the latch.  They are routinely used on
private gates in remote areas where each property owner (and the local fire
department) have individual locks on the gate and opening any one lock
allows access.

One such device is shown on here:

<http://www.tayhope.com/mlus.htm>

jc