Sabotage investigation of fiber cuts in Northwest

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Nov 3 03:51:30 UTC 2003

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 19:38:09 PST, Gregory Hicks said:
> You mean that these places aren't even locked?  Who has (had) the key?

The article says:

"While the FBI scrambles to find a suspect, KIRO Team 7 Investigators went to
check out security measures at the Qwest routing station.
We walked straight through an unlocked gate, a wide-open door, and then mapped
the interior of the building with our hidden camera. Nobody asked for ID or
questioned our motives.
KIRO Team 7 Investigators then headed to Qwest Corporate Headquarters in
downtown Seattle. Ironically, it was lots tougher getting in there."

Either the KIRO guys are lying through their teeth, or somebody dropped the ball
BIG time.  The bio of the guy who wrote it is here;

http://www.kirotv.com/station/1868106/detail.html

Either that's fibs too, or the guy is credible.  Draw your own conclusions. :)