Pesky spammers are using my mailbox

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Sat May 31 18:39:36 UTC 2003

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

>  seems some spammers are using one of my personal domains as the from
> field in their emails, the local-part being random so I cant easily
> block it.
>
> Has anyone any advice on tracking them down and making them stop?

Tactical baseball bat at close range? :)

I and a number of coworkers are getting similar bounces, except the
spammers are actually using our full email addresses as the from address.
The first few cases of this, I wrote off to things like KLEZ...but
recently I've gotten actual spam bounces where my work email address was
the original from.

I suppose it could possibly still be something like KLEZ and it's grabbing
a spam from their inbox and sending that out with a forged from.

 Atlantic Net                |