IANA reserved Address Space

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sat May 31 01:02:59 UTC 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Gerald wrote:

> RFC1918 is a set number of IP addresses. If you are working on a private
> network lab that will be on the internet eventually or have parts on the
> internet and exceeds the total number of IPV4 addressing set aside in
> RFC1918, and IPV6 private addressing is not an option, what can you do? (I
> know it's a stretch, but I think it asks specifically what Brennan wants
> to know and what I'm curious about now)

As a related question I guess I'd ask what sort of simulation requires
more than 16.7 million discreet ipv4 adresses (1/256 of the whole) in
order too simulate a reasonable subset of the whole ipv4 internet.

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but