.mil domain

Mike Damm MikeD at irwinresearch.com
Fri May 30 20:28:01 UTC 2003

Counter: leave everything as it is. If they are willing to provide the
hardware, bandwidth, and administrative costs to run root servers, they can
block whoever they want. Just like if you run a web server you can block
anyone from accessing it that you want. If you don't like it, start up your
own root zone, there isn't anything stopping you.

Not that it matters much in the big scheme of things; most modern resolvers
will give preference to root servers they can actually reach.

I for one am pretty happy with where E, G, and H are. Cogent and VeriSign's
networks can hardly handle power cycles, let alone nuclear wars.

---
Michael Damm, MIS Department, Irwin Research & Development