.mil domain

Mark T. Ganzer ganzer at san.rr.com
Fri May 30 20:29:13 UTC 2003

One already is. The H server resides at the Army Research Lab, which is
connected to DREN (AS668).

FWIW there is not a single homogeneous .mil network.  There are several
DoD networks that provide service to customer organizations, and some of
the major public DoD sites are also directly connected to commercial
ISP's. Also different services and sites may have different policies as
to who they allow access from. So without knowing the destination
address, it's hard to be able to tell someone who thinks they are being
blocked who to contact. If you can't reach a site directly, try their
upstream providers and see if they can help provide a POC.  Try looking
at the aspath for the destination, and if any of the following show up,
try these POC's:

AS668  (DREN)    866-NOC-DREN or noc at dren.net
AS7170  (ATT-DISC)    888-DISC-USA or noc at att-disc.net
AS568  (DISN)    DISA GNOSC at 703-607-4001  or the Columbus RNOSC at
800-554-3476

For security related issues, try contacting the DoD CERT (www.cert.mil,
800-357-4231). All of the services have their own CERT as well, however
they all coordinate with this organization.

-Mark Ganzer
Space & Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego
ganzer at spawar.navy.mil
note: this is posted from my personal email account, not my work account).