.mil domain

listuser at numbnuts.net listuser at numbnuts.net
Fri May 30 18:57:26 UTC 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 01:15 PM 30/05/2003 -0500, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
>
> >For the same reason anyone else accepts their routes -- because they want to
> >be able to reach them.  If they don't want to reach _you_, that's their
> >choice.
>
> As Sean Donelan pointed out, the fact that 2 of the root name servers are
> inside their network, there is more to the issue than you suggest.... I for
> example want people in Australia to be able to reliably lookup DNS info on
> my domains.  The .mil people have decided to hamper this process.

I agree.  The root servers should have no filtering in place to block any
demographics (unless of course a given node is DoSing them).

The last time I tried to contact a .mil to report an open relay that was
being abused, I was accused of being a spammer that had "hacked" their
server.  Since that time I reject .mil mail.

Justin