IANA reserved Address Space

Martin J. Levy mahtin at mahtin.com
Fri May 30 14:13:53 UTC 2003

Brennan,

If you want your routes to be human parse'able, I recommend running your lab in full IPv6 mode.  That way you take Valdis's recommendation to a whole new level (and base number system).

Plus...  Whats the point of having a lab that only uses 1982/1983 addressing techniques (1/8, 10/8, 100/8 are classfull addresses).  Labs are meant to push the limits of todays technology and experiment with future concepts.  IPv6 matches that criteria.

Martin

---