IANA reserved Address Space

Brennan_Murphy at NAI.com Brennan_Murphy at NAI.com
Fri May 30 13:21:02 UTC 2003

OK, I see now that down the road using
a 1 and 100 net address on the lab would
create unmanageable problems if those nets
were ever put into use on the internet...
something NAT couldnt fix. And the
the potential problems were this lab ever
to  leak out an advertisement on to the
internet, etc.... all advice I appreciate
people have taken the time to offer.

But not to be a pest but what are the odds
the IANA would ever allocate the 1 and 100
nets to someone? Is this an unpredictable
matter or is there a schedule of what's
next somewhere? Or which is more likely, the
world adopts IP v6 or the 1 and 100 nets
are deployed on the internet? :-) It is
apparent that I really want to use these
address ranges but I do need to grapple
with the possibility that this lab will
need internet connectivity at some point.