IANA reserved Address Space

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Fri May 30 12:12:04 UTC 2003

Brennan_Murphy at NAI.com wrote:

> I'm tasked with coming up with an IP plan for an very large lab
> network. I want to maximize route table manageability and
> router/firewall log readability. I was thinking of building this
> lab with the following address space:
>
> 1.0.0.0 /8
> 10.0.0.0 /8
> 100.0.0.0 /8

If you are using a completely disconnected *LAB* network then why don't
you use 'real' addresses and do the test like that simulating the
environment just as in 'the real world' (matrix onion layer 666 ;)

The only reason you should be worried about IANA is if you
where connecting this network to the internet or to other nets.

Greets,
 Jeroen