fire at NAC

alex at yuriev.com alex at yuriev.com
Wed May 28 16:42:40 UTC 2003

> If by Fire at nac.net, you mean their Firewall promotion, here you go:
>
> http://www.nac.net/specials.asp#84
>
> *duck*
>
> (I see no reference to a fire on anything off their system status/other
> pages)

EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION from NET ACCESS CORPORATION

We are still gathering information, but it appears there was a small fire in
the 3rd floor DSR room, which resulted in a loss of power. Our FM-200 fire
suppressant worked as planned and immediately kicked in. The entire building
has been evacuated at this time and the fire department is onsite.

We are very fortunate that no one was inside the DSR room during this event.
Net Access Corporation will continue to update this page as more information
is gathered.

UPDATE - 11:39am EDT: power to our core networking gear (gbr1.oct.nac.net
and msfc1.oct.nac.net) has been restored. Customers in our site A
collocation should now have normal network reach ability to their servers.
Our technicians are working on restoring power to atm1.oct.nac.net and
cust3.oct.nac.net now.

UPDATE - 11:33am EDT: Power to atm1.oct.nac.net and cust3.oct.nac.net has
been restored.

Alex