NPR morning news apparently just reported...

Peter Galbavy peter.galbavy at knowtion.net
Sat May 24 07:35:18 UTC 2003

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
a us company', perhaps its being done under the auspices of: "The us
> gov't needs a phone network in iraq while they are there, so build
> something
> good and leave it behind, as a bonus to the luckyiraq people?"

Er, not quite. Every single cent/penny/whatever spent on the whole conflict
will be extracted from the oil revenues as some sort of 'commercial
compensation' plan. The taxes you (and I) end up paying to fund this little
jaunt will disappear elsewhere.

Peter