BGP communities...was Re: anyone from as3549?

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Thu May 22 02:47:18 UTC 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:

>     > Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
>     >> Hello, I'd like to know from someone at Global Crossing how to use
>     >> your communities to select only certain traffic from you (i.e., I want
>     >> your customers' net only).
>
>     > This is documented at
>     > https://robin.gblx.net/GBLX_Customer_BGP_Communities.html#utilization
>
> great, thanks.

On a related note, I was looking around today for selective prepend
examples to show prospective providers and either I can't find it, or C&W
has pulled the docs for their selective prepend communities from their
infopage site.

I found this kind of funny since Sprint has actually expanded on their
selective prepend documentation, even listing now the peers that it works
with.  That used to be "secret" information you had to get directly from
someone with clue at Sprint.

I was going to use these URLs as examples when I asked the MFN sales rep
if MFN supported such a thing...but he hasn't returned my call yet.

 Atlantic Net                |