An area for operations growth - Storage Area Nets in MANS

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rkjnanog at ieg.com.br
Mon May 19 11:36:34 UTC 2003

Non-flawless software (i.e., 100% of it) is usually dealt with storage
snapshots; if they are kept local or remote, that's a design choice that a
metro SAN can impact.

Doing backup/restores thru a metro SAN also has some advantages on
facilities with tight-controlled physical access; the bandwagon that moves
tapes to off-site storage still has more bandwidth than the fiber, but it
can also be used to smuggle <insert-your-favorite-paranoia-here>.

Rubens