Communities BCP [was: RE: BGP Path Filtering]

Charles H. Gucker cgucker at cv.net
Fri May 16 23:15:47 UTC 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 04:45:11PM -0500, Ejay Hire wrote:
> The config bits that follow are from memory, so no guarantees of syntax
> accuracy.  If anyone knows how I can have an Item matched multiple times
> in the route-map I would appreciate a reply.  I.e. if a customer wanted
> to send xxxx:100 and xxxx:1, currently I would match on the xxxx:1 and
> the localpref change would not be applied.  Thanks in advance to whoever
> comes up with this gem.

	Actually you can accomplish this by using additive (but you would have to
make sure all "bad" communities are caught and the values reset to a valid 'standard'
route prior).  This would allow you to know anything past this point is a valid,
acceptable community which would leave you with checking  null0, then local pref's
and setting it properly..

I can supply a config, if folks are interested.

Thanks,
charles