BGP Path Filtering

Brian Wallingford brian at meganet.net
Fri May 16 03:16:28 UTC 2003

I'd probably err on the most cautious side and use strict inbound prefix
filters, only using outbound as-path filters toward upstreams as a sanity
check.

Unless you're a legacy peer with large networks, chances are you'll be
expected to arrange for acl mods with your peers/upstreams to propagate
your clients' announcements anyway.

hth,
Brian

ps - you're correct - there doesn't appear to be a BCP.  Common sense,
tempered by a healthy dose of skepticism regarding one's clients'
competency would seem to steer the solution :)