identity theft != spam

Daniel Golding dgold at FDFNet.Net
Thu May 15 19:37:29 UTC 2003

This issue is not just that the spammer in question forged headers, this
person also used stolen credit card numbers to sign up for new accounts to
thwart Earthlink's abuse department. I suspect this will be the core of
the fraud case - any activity involving use of stolen card numbers over
telecomunications networks is wire fraud. There may also have been
fraudulent claims made in some of the UCE emails (yes, shocking! :)

Kudos to Mary Youngblood at Eathlink for going after this guy...

- Daniel Golding