Direct allocations solutions

steve uurtamo uurtamo at arttoday.com
Tue May 13 19:10:45 UTC 2003

> My primary solution is the idea of sharing a /20 with another individual in
> my similar position. This obviously has faults, however I believe it is an
> increased safety net from my current situation.

minus the fact that unless you're in the same physical location sharing
the same router, you're going to have to make separate, longer, and
therefore possibly filtered announcements, which negates the purpose of
having the shorter-prefixed network in the first place.

and if you _are_ in the same physical location as someone you wish to share
networking hardware/facilities with, it's probably easier to just go talk
to them as opposed to starting a mailing list to help people find-a-friend
in their same building.

s.