PMTU and Broken Servers

Marc Binderberger marc at sniff.de
Sat May 10 14:07:45 UTC 2003

Hello Leo,

> Could you define newer?  My limited testing with 12.0S and
> 12.2something
> shows both returing MTU can't be set on a tunnel interface.

concrete version number: 12.0(17)ST5. Just tried on a test 7200 with
that code.

7204-R3(config-if)#mtu 1500
% Interface Tunnel1 does not support adjustable maximum datagram size

7204-R3(config-if)#ip mtu 1500
7204-R3(config-if)#

And from a tcpdump-ed ping I'm convinced it works :-)

Regards, Marc

--
Marc Binderberger    <marc at sniff.de>    Powered by *BSD ;-)