DMCA Violation?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu May 8 18:17:10 UTC 2003

On Thu, 08 May 2003 13:15:55 EDT, Gerald said:

>   2. In the instance that the information that ties the IP address to the
>   username is removed on a regular basis, what liability do I maintain?
>   (read: Is ignorance a viable answer?)

Consult a lawyer - you probably need to keep those records for a certain
amount of time (especially if you do chargeback for connect time).  If your
billing is strictly all-you-can-eat, you probably can get away with keeping
them less time, since there won't be any billing disputes...

While you're there, ask him what "expeditiously" means in this context..