DMCA Violation?

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Thu May 8 17:15:55 UTC 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Adam Debus wrote:

> Paragraph (iv) from above states the the contact information must be for the
> Complaining party. Not the Offender.

My mistake. Glad I'm not anyones Lawyer.

I did a little more homework, and the best I've come up with is:

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Terrorism/form-letter.html

The latest I can find on subpoenas related to IP addresses is the RIAA v.
Verizon lawsuit. RIAA prevailed as far as it has been taken, but I don't
know for certain if Verizon complied yet.

My questions are:
  1. Can anyone find the provision in any law or ruling that allows the
  ISP to be compensated for the time it takes to accomodate these?

  2. In the instance that the information that ties the IP address to the
  username is removed on a regular basis, what liability do I maintain?
  (read: Is ignorance a viable answer?)

Gerald