We have a firewall (was Re: Pakistan government orders ISP service level agreement)

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Tue May 6 23:28:48 UTC 2003

The Pakistan Telecommunications Company Ltd has aquired a firewall to
solve the DDOS situation impacting Internet service in the country.  An
unnamed security advisor asserted the proper use of a firewall would
control the DDOS attacks and prevent hacking.

I can understand the Pakistan government minister's frustration, and
desire to get things fixed.  Unfortunately, it seems like security
incidents also attract security snake oil consultants.  Buy my tonic
to cure your ills.