Reply to Sean Donelan (was: Yet more hijacked space? - deru.net)

Joseph T. Klein jtk at titania.net
Tue May 6 12:08:25 UTC 2003

Perhaps it is the water here in America, or bovine growth hormones in
the milk.

The state of the RIPE db may have more to do with the cooperation of
the RIPE
membership rather than the RIPE management. ARIN has the unenviable
task of dealing
with American ISPs. Most ISPs in land of cowboys are run by ultra
cowboys. They
don't cotton well to people in charge of resource management.

Of course ARIN is an organization made of of the vary ISPs that
complain about
it. So, don't complain and not participate in ARIN meetings.

Go to the next meeting.

IMHO - The back to back NANOG/ARIN meeting are great opportunity for
participation
by this community. I am glad that ARIN and the Merit folks have the
vision to
bring these meetings together.

Most any problem can be resolved if we make an effort to work together
toward a
solution.

--
Joseph T. Klein