Class "B" IP BLOCK

bdragon at gweep.net bdragon at gweep.net
Mon May 5 04:56:45 UTC 2003

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

<snip>
> Despite your baseless claims to the contrary, the Information
> Technology staff of Erie Forge and Steel is well aware, and approving,
> of the current usage of their IP space. What you consider
> "hijacking", they consider innovation, and an opportunity to give back
> to the Internet community that's allowed them to prosper over the
> years.

If they are truly giving back to the community, they should refer
to BCP4.

> Getting down to business, I have three larger concerns with the style
> and content of your posting.
> One, the NANOG AUP (http://www.nanog.org/aup.html) clearly states:
> "7. Postings to the list must be made using real, identifiable names
> and addresses, rather than aliases."

This _is_ my real address. I certainly don't feel the need to use
an anonymous mailer, unlike yourself.

The rest of your message is merely reaching. If you can convince
someone that GweepCo (or RCN, since you harped on about them for
a while) has/is/will done/doing/do something wrong or unethical,
be my guest. However, I think you'll probably have a tough time
doing so, since many of the GweepCo folks are respected members of
the networking/systems community (I won't presume that I'm included
in said list of folks), and AfterBurner and the rest of the RCN
abuse team is widely respected as one of the best in the industry.

<snip>