Class "B" IP BLOCK

Matt Levine matt at deliver3.com
Sat May 3 22:39:26 UTC 2003

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 06:21 PM, <bdragon at gweep.net> wrote:

>>> I'ld like to propose adding 143.170.0.0/16 to Team Cymru's bogon
>>> filter.
>>>
>> Is there a new RFC we should be aware of ?
>
> Hmm, while we're at it, what relationship do you have with
> Erie Forge and Steel, other than squatting on some of their
> address space.
>
> Perhaps 146.20.0.0/16 is another example of hijacked address
> space.
>
> I wonder if they are even aware they have address space...
>
> The only value in a central registry is the tacit agreement
> networks provide to police themselves in accordance with said registry.
> Agreeing to gut and maim those who seek to abuse it.

Which is all well and good, and while I wont try to put words in
anybody from Cymru's mouth, they would appear to be making a list
of IP addresses which have not been allocated to a RIR, I would think
policing arin or anybody else's allocations is outside the scope of
what they'd like to do.

--
Matt Levine
@Home: matt at deliver3.com
@Work: matt at eldosales.com
ICQ  : 17080004
AIM  : exile
GPG  : http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6C0D04CF
"The Trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was."  -BIX