CAR remote-trigger..

haesu at towardex.com haesu at towardex.com
Fri May 2 16:28:30 UTC 2003

some people asked me to share..

This is  pretty much the concluded thought for remotely triggered CAR. I haven't tested this at all though. still thinking this through before i test it in the lab...

Note: all numbers here such as ASN's and ip's are made up for testing purposes

On Customer router:
!
hostname customer-gw
!
router bgp 10
 network 10.1.10.0 mas 255.255.255.0
 redist static route-map DoSed
 nei 172.16.10.2 remote 20
 nei 172.16.10.2 send-commun
!
ip bgp-commun new
!
ip route 10.1.10.56 255.255.255.255 Null0 254 tag 666
!
route-map DoSed per 10
 match tag 666
 set commun 10:31337 no-expo
!
route-map DoSed per 20
!

On ISP edge:
!
hostname aggr0
!
interface Serial2/0
 description serial circuit to Customer
 bgp-policy source ip-qos-map
 rate-lim input qos-group 50 1544000 8000 8000 conform transmit exceed drop
!
router bgp 20
 table-map DoS-evasive
 nei 172.16.10.1 remote 10