Market-based address allocation

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu May 1 18:18:42 UTC 2003

On Thu, 01 May 2003 13:50:09 EDT, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu said:

> On Thu, 01 May 2003 12:37:22 CDT, Daniel Golding said:
>
> > bizaare. No management team would agree to it, because of the legal
> > exposure, large cash outlay required, and uncertain return on investment.
> > "Ok, Mr. CEO, give me $100M to corner the market on something that no one
> > has ever made money on before. Oh yeah, we'll be sitting on that cash for
> > a while, as we engage in activities likely to result in your future
> > incarceration. Sign here, please"
>
> Oh?  You mean all the *other* management teams actually learned from Enron,
> Worldcom, Adelphia, and so on?

OK. I'm fed up.  What in the cited text triggered *THIS* one?  Is somebody at
'affidia.com' (source of this one) of the opinion that "management" is a
separate race that is being discriminated against?

**************** eManager Notification *****************

The following mail was blocked since it contains sensitive content.

Source mailbox: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Destination mailbox(es): Daniel Golding;Jack Bates; nanog at merit.edu
Rule/Policy: Racial Discrimination
Action: Quarantine to C:\Program Files\Trend\SMCF\Quarantine\2003-05-01\10\54\DFImessagebody3eb15f502be9.tmp

Sender, Your e-mail message has not been delivered to it's destination. It does npt comply with our acceptable use policy.