The in-your-face hijacking example, was: Re: Who is announcing bogons?

Scott Granados scott at wworks.net
Thu May 1 06:20:54 UTC 2003

I would also like to state on Emil's behalf that from what I know as one of his providers that seems to be a true story.  I assigned and swipped him ip space which he has used and I have never gotten one spam complaint from the space we assigned him.

I have had a couple port scanning complaints however Emil himself has told me to null these blocks and notify him shutting them down first and dealing with the issue in a more controled way.  Emil has on many occasions restarted machines or helped with server work in the colos we occupy together and I'm glad to have him as a customer.  If again someone out there has documented proof that these blocks are stolen please present them to me on or off list I'll be glad to react appropriately.  I'll also publically offer here to assist Emil in obtaining a direct allocation which would be entirely new if he wishes that may put this matter to bed as well.  I definitely appreciate input from everyone however this is the first time I'd ever been presented with a case like this.  So I'm learning and  if anyone disagrees with me please tell me.  I'm always up for discussion and know there are many on this list far more qualified and experienced than my self.  I'm quite certain that this has gone way way off topic however so I'll stop here and hopefully we can get back to more operational discussions.