State Super-DMCA Too True

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Mar 31 13:18:42 UTC 2003

Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> Get some QoS for the p2p traffic and stop complaining. One moment everyone
> is begging for the "killer app" to motivate high-speed residential
> connectivity, the next they're pissing and moaning because it actually
> happened.

Actually, I think it was all the people going bust that were begging for
the "killer app". Us country folk were happy with the way things were.
As for using QoS for p2p traffic, would you like to explain to me how my
Cisco routers can tell the difference between the various flavors of p2p
and say ftp?

As stated in my previous post, we do fine with our pricing. It's all our
competitors that are now buying transit from us and dropping
multi-homing because they can't afford it anymore that have problems.
Then, on the other hand, you have the people that scream we are too
high, and so and so offers it cheaper (say an RBOC or any major city).
It's aggrivating to wait while businesses finally keel over dead or
adjust their pricing to match the real costs.

-Jack